Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Bulk update of Bulk Imported Products ???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tbaker
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - September 06 2005 :  06:33:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have succesfully used the Bulk Import untility but find that once my products are uploaded I need to updaete each entry in order for the products to become visible on my site.

Can anyone tell me how I can bulk update my products after I have bulk imported?

Thanks in anticipation.

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - September 06 2005 :  07:14:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In your bulk import file, just make sure the Hide field equivalent is set to False. If you do an export first, you'll see where the Hide field is and then just make sure it's in the same order going back in.

Now I could be missing a step because I haven't done a bulk import in a long time.

Edited by - dcwebman on September 06 2005 07:19:40
Go to Top of Page

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - September 07 2005 :  02:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could perhaps try running "convertproducts.asp".

It checks that everything is in a valid category etc and ensure all parts are referenced in the prodcategories table.

I've run it a number of times.

Worth a try maybe...

rustytec

Russ
Developer
Go to Top of Page

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - September 10 2005 :  21:22:48  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use the Oxford Street version and I have the same problem. It is because the product category numbers are not uploaded at the same time. The products will not show without them.

I will usually download the database and add my products that way but because the table that holds the corresponding category numbers for each product (not to be confused with the product category table where the actual categories are set up) is separate from the products. Therefore, the products will not show until I update each product's category from within control, which then saves the corresponding numbers to the category table.

I could do it before uploading the database but it is too confusing as that table's field entries are all numbers and hard to keep straight if you have a lot of categories and subcategories.

I'd also like to know if there is a workaround for this.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00