Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Formatting the missing fields
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - August 31 2005 :  03:04:34  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I manually went into shop$language_english.asp and changed the wording "is a required field" to "is missing". I went into the admin and told it to reload shop configuration and whenever you miss anything it still says is a required field. I searched the shopconfiguration file in teh admin and the langcustrequired still says is a required field but the shop$language_english.asp says is missing? Am I missing a step? Any thoughts?

Wayne
Gift Baskets - Looking for the famous Coop? Join Here

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - August 31 2005 :  03:37:05  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found it through the search option

For anyone else
If you are using Version 5.0 then you cannot edit the shop$english file directly. You have to edit the language options in the administrative interface. You have to choose edit language, find what you are attempting to edit and then click okay. Then you have to go back and reload shop configuration and you're done.

Hope it helps

Wayne
Gift Baskets - Still holding number 1 ranking 7 months strong? Join Here
Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - August 31 2005 :  08:05:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never needed to but according to the documentation you can use the shop$english file to reload the language if necessary. So whenever I update a language online I also edit the shop$english file just in case and comment that change in the file. Probably not needed but at least I know what I changed by looking in the file.

Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - August 31 2005 :  18:39:10  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

That's a good point. Thanks.

Wayne
Gift Baskets - Still holding number 1 ranking 7 months strong? Join Here
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00