Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 where to begin?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dssquirt
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - August 18 2005 :  11:26:16  Show Profile  Visit dssquirt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi. I have just downloaded the free vesion of VPASP and I am starting to read the manual. I will probably soon upgrade to one of the paid versions; however, I want to make sure this is the right shopping cart for the store. I would like to do some customization to see if I can get the look I want.

But I am not sure where to even begin. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

www.gizmocreations.com

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 18 2005 :  15:45:00  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
once youget it set up right, then all you need to do is edit the tmp_products.htm and the products.htm to change the look. Also shop$colors holds a lot of the formatting stuff.

Go to Top of Page

dssquirt
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - August 18 2005 :  17:04:02  Show Profile  Visit dssquirt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

www.gizmocreations.com
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - August 19 2005 :  03:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the best features of VPASP is how it can integrate into an existing web site. I looked at your site, looks good, and nothing will change for the customer (unless you want it to of course), while behind the scenes everything will be different.

For my site, the ability to add a simple line of code to existing products and have them process through the shopping cart was a godsend. Took some time, but better than the "old days."

Good Luck!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00