Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Can''t see all info in order Payment information
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 17 2005 :  18:49:30  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I recently own my VP-ASP shopping cart online and have already had a few order ! My problem is that once I click the Order link, then I click View on some orders, I can't see all the required information in the "Payment Information" section of the page. All I can see from the "Payment Information" section is the FREE Samples! that the customer chose and the CVN authorization number. I would need the credit card number and its expiration date shown also so I can charge the card ! how may I fix this ?? please help me asap!!

Everything else from the view order pages is fine: "Customer Information": all information is there accurate.
Same for "Shipping Information". As said earlier, only the "Payment Information is not showing all information required for me to charge the customer. (cc number and cc exp)

Please help as soon as possible!

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 17 2005 :  21:13:19  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You shoudnt take cards on your system or you are beggin for trouble. Instead you need to use a payment gateway for your credit card processor(usually available free frmm the good folks at VP-ASP). They keep the cc numbers (you can look them up if needed) because they spend a lot of money on keeping their sites secure. It also skips the work you are now doing charging a card manually.

The VP-ASP guys also recomend that you never take credit cards on your site and use a gateway instead.

btw... do you have a secure ssl site and all that? and make sure you follow every security update buletin or those card numbers you have now will get stolen very quickly.

Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 17 2005 :  22:27:23  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no i dont use any ssl. I mean when I go into payment panel then:
xssl= [nothing]

but I'd prefer not to use any gateway for the moment and would like to be able to see my customer"s full payment information (including cc number and exp date)
at the moment I only have the cvn shown in payment field when customer make orders.

I have my bank ready to charge my customers free so please help me with this and maybe I will consider a gatheway in the futur

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 18 2005 :  00:33:15  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh my gosh... well... huge mistake.. but ok..

With a gateway you can look at all the billing info. It is just stored on their computer instead of yours. You have access to it. People wont leave a credit card number if they dont see the SSL symbol on the page. Do you have a credit card processor account?

Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 18 2005 :  10:15:18  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, my xcheckout= shopcheckout.asp
but my xssl= [nothing]

is that the reason why I can't see the customer's cc # and exp date ???? but can only see their cvn ???

please answer my question.. I will consider a having a gatheway is the future
thanks

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 18 2005 :  15:43:17  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you are taking credit cards online with no SSl, then you are acting irresposibly. You are setting your clients up for identy theft and shame on you. If you knowingly do it (as you are now) you may be liable for the thefts. Why not just have people call on the phone with theri cc #'s sp you can use your friends merchant account like you are doing now.

Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 18 2005 :  18:38:34  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't want my customer's to have to call me all the time to place an order! I'd like to keep the order as it is and simply be able to see the cc# and exp which is not show in the view order/Payment information frame.

what can cause this ?

Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 19 2005 :  16:01:54  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
anyone can tell me why this happen ???

can't see the cc# and exp# in payment information field...
only cvn is shown !

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 19 2005 :  17:05:13  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is the info being stored in the database ? Click on the edit link rather than the view link in the orders admin page and have a look at the raw orders record and see if the card details are in there. At least then you'll be able to narrow down if it's a display problem or a missing-data problem.

(I'd agree with the previous comments though; using a gateway is highly advised, and nobody should ever enter/view credit card details unless they're on ssl and have very very good security in place; doing anything else would be dangerous, as well as illegal in most countries)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 21 2005 :  12:10:21  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much devshb for your reply, althrough I still haven't found the solution to my problem...

I did look at the edit order but the Payment Information (except cvn) are still not there, just as in the view order page....

Are you sure that my problem isn't in the configuration of my shooping cart (Configuration -> avdanced or edit )

please help someone...

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 21 2005 :  17:23:01  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I dont think people want to help you spread identy fraud.

Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 22 2005 :  15:26:58  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's not about identity fraud ! I'ts about not being able to charge my customer's order because I can't see their complete payment information!

where is the problem I don't understand ?

Go to Top of Page

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - August 22 2005 :  15:43:38  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The way you are going about it is irresponsible. virtually anyone will be able to get the CC #'s because you are not setting up your cart the right way. The worse part is that you dont even seem to care if your customers are exposed or not. Since you dont want to get that part right, I am sure you have not done any of the security updates either, so I for one am not going to help you and I wish there was a way VP-ASP could call your copy back since you could care less about security.

Go to Top of Page

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - August 22 2005 :  17:12:30  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am sorry, but I have to say something.

ionnet, you are not being responsible here. You need to do the right thing, get the merchant account, gatway and SSL cert or use a service like paypal.

You may think you are doing the right thing. Maybe you are lazy or cheap, I don't know, but you do seem to be very stubborn on this.

How can anyone trust you, when you won't take the proper industry standards and implement them into your site?

My own personal view is if I don't see the ssl padlock I won't order. I need to know my privacy is safe.

I am willing to bet you can't see the cc info because people aren't really ordering and they are leaving the fields blank.

I don't think you are getting much cooperation here because you are intentially not putting your customers safetey and privcay first.

Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com
Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 22 2005 :  19:44:11  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did all security updtade.
The problem is not from that. I simply have customer's order email notice which I can't charge because of the payment information information.

Go to Top of Page

ionnet
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - August 26 2005 :  09:23:11  Show Profile  Visit ionnet's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I want to thank you for your quick reply and would like you to consider a little bit more my problem please as I have many customers awaiting for they order to be charged and shipped..

My problem is still the same. Once I click the Order link, then I click View on some orders, I can't see all the required information in the "Payment Information" section of the page. All I can see from the "Payment Information" section is the FREE Samples! that the customer chose and the CVN authorization number.If I go in Edit order, I see can view everything except the cardnumber (ocardno). I would need the complete payment information to be shown (including card number) so I can charge the card and complete the order with my customer! how may I fix this ?? I remember Linkpoint having offered me for so services I did not complete the process with then, thinkin it was scam but when I go into "Edit order" (where I miss ocardno), I can see Linkpoint as my customer's ocardtype. Is this the reason why I can't view the cc number ? please help me asap!!

Please be helpfull It's urging and I need help quick!
Thanks to all of you!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00