Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Percent off everything EXCEPT these items
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

epseja
VP-CART New User

USA
61 Posts

Posted - August 11 2005 :  17:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I know that the cart system already has a function that, when catalog IDs are placed in the COUPONPRODUCTS field in the coupons table, will apply that coupon to those few items.

However, what I am trying to accomplish is the inverse, and I have a method I'd like to use:

First, I will be using the COUPONPRODUCTS field for both application instances. BUT, if a catalog ID is entered as "-123" instead of "123", I want the system to know that this is an "ALL items EXCEPT" instance, and process the coupon as such.

There are two functions on the shopcoupon.asp page that make this field's information function. The first one is APPLYTOPRODUCTS. The second one is MATCH. APPLYTOPRODUCTS cycles through all of the cart items and then calls MATCH to see if any of the cart items match the items in the COUPONPRODUCTS. If a match is found, then the discount is applied. If not, then there is no discount applied.

I suppose that what needs to be done is for the programming to recognize, then remove the "-" from the COUPONPRODUCTS field, and run the same APPLYTOPRODUCTS routine, but look for NON-matches.

I have tried a few things based on this logic, but nothing has seemed to work. Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by - epseja on August 11 2005 17:01:32

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - October 20 2005 :  19:58:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need this as well, and there should be high demand for it since there are many real-life instances of needing to omit certain items from a coupon. A few examples are: low mark-up on certain items, and restrictions from the manufacturer.

This should be added to the "suggestions for future release" section of the forum.

Regarding your desire to have this implemented with a minus sign, another acceptable way would be to have a new "omit list" field added to the coupon table.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00