Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Remembering selected products between pages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - July 26 2005 :  18:36:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On shopdisplayproducts.asp when displaying the catalog and there could be multiple pages, there's a little problem. If the customer checks a box to order an item on page 1, goes to page 2 and checks another item to order, and then clicks the order selected products button, only the last item on the current page will be added to the cart.

It seems like the selected checkboxes should be remembered between pages. Without that, the user has to order whatever products from one page, gets sent to the cart, has to go back to the catalog, go to the next page, order the next set, etc.

Does anybody have a fix for this "bug"?
Jeff

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - July 26 2005 :  23:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think there is any way to forward or record a checkbox, as it has no action unless a "submit" of some sort is clicked, to post the information from the checkbox to the Server (database).

Seems the only solution is to get rid of the checkboxes, and use a "buy" button or "add to cart" text. That way, the customer will not be able to click something (like a checkbox) and assume this is enough.

It's not a VPASP issue, I think it's just the nature of checkboxes and how they work. Maybe there might be some sort of javascript that could be used to record checkbox entries??

Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - July 27 2005 :  08:31:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. Actually I know it can be done in the code because we have done it at work. You just have to pass hidden values between pages with Javascript saving what was checked and then doing the submit of the form when you click on the page number. It's not too bad to implement if you have a straightforward page to work with but with VP-ASP and their functions all over the place, it would be a hassle.

I was hoping that somebody already took the effort to implement this. Perhaps in VP-ASP's next version?
Jeff

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00