Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 shopsearch suggestion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - June 18 2005 :  17:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I REALLY like shopcategorylist.asp. This is the page that is not part of VPASP, but can be called up if needed.

What I like about it, is that I have 50 categories, and most categories use a template that best represents the items in the respective category. Click on one of the categories in shopcategorylist.asp, and the items look great.

I DO NOT like the database search page shopsearch.asp. The checkboxes are OK, but unlike shopcategorylist.asp, if a user clicks a checkbox and then "search" without entering a keyword, the resulting display goes through the default tmp_product template.

What I would like, is the shopsearch.asp page to have the categories listed as they are now, but each of these categories should be a link, going through the designed template for the category (as is the case with shopcategorylist.asp). Then, a search would be no different than now, but a "click link to view category" would result in immense beauty of colorful html. . .

Thing is, I do not use shopdisplaycategory.asp on my site, as I use a static page for displaying hundreds of static pages from my original site, with one site-map type page as the main "category" style page. So, a combined search/category page would be, well, neat!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00