Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Another import products question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tyssen
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - June 02 2005 :  19:42:20  Show Profile  Visit Tyssen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've read through a bunch of threads about people's various problems importing products into VPASP's database but haven't found the answer I'm looking for so...
I have a database of computer & book products. Computers are grouped by application use (design, music, video etc.), manufacturer & type of product (software, sound card, hard drive etc.) and books are grouped by publisher, reading age and reading level (they're 2 different things apparently).
In my current table, all the products have the different ID numbers for records in these corresponding tables, but if I bring them into VPASP, all those category ID numbers are going to change.
So my question is, is there a simple, easy way to convert all these category numbers and assign the products to them and create the corresponding records in prodcategories?
Or do I have to create all the categories in VPASP, change all the ID numbers in my old table in Access using SQL update statements, then somehow merge the different columns into 1 comma-delimited text column with all the category numbers (to be used when I run convertproducts.asp to create the records in prodcategories)?
I hope there is an alternative to what I've written above cos that sounds quite laborious. :(

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00