Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 pull-down shipping menu size
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - June 01 2005 :  19:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to add a few more words in my pull-down shipping menu, the one that is at the top of the Ship To table. Seems I am maxed out, since adding a few words will not take.

I found the table, but can't find where the actual width of the menu is listed, or whether the text limitation might be set in an asp page. Checked the table with Enterprise Manager, and it shows 255 characters (default), but I'm nowhere near that limit.

Anyone know where the pull-down width and text limit are set?

Tyssen
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - June 02 2005 :  21:46:42  Show Profile  Visit Tyssen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you mean it won't let you add words through the admin section or that the words don't show up when you click on the dropdown on your customer page?

Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - June 02 2005 :  23:23:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In admin, I click on table "shipmethod" and currently have four entries. I have added a word or two, and that works: add a couple of words, click update record. But, any more (say, I add three words for example), and clicking update record simply reverts back to the original entry. Tried resetting language of course, but that had no effect. Somewhere, somehow, there is a limit being set for the entry into the select menu, undoubtedly to keep it from getting too wide on the customer's table.

But, I've stacked the shipping below the customer table (this is an option in admin), and would like to add more shipping info in each of the entries in the select shipping menu. Hope I'm explaining it clearly.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00