Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Adding Sale Section
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moshe
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - May 15 2005 :  06:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I add Sale section in the right of displayed categories?
Is there an example of something similar?

Mos

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 15 2005 :  23:45:55  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could set up a "Sale" category, then link to it with the following HTML

<a href="shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=xxx">Sale Items</a>

where xxx is the categoryid.

To display this on the right side of the dynamic display you would want to add it to shoppage_trailer.htm

Please see the following FAQ
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_navigation.htm

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

femsawyer
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - July 27 2006 :  06:57:19  Show Profile  Visit femsawyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see this is an old post, but I'm looking for the same thing and the link no longer works.

I need to have a link that shows everything that's currently on sale. Does this mean I have to have a sale category and everytime something is put on sale I have to add it to that catgory or is there a way to define that if something is on sale, it shows up on a certain page?

thanks,
Lianne

Partner/Designer: www.3Scrapateers.com
Digital Scrapbooking - Preserve your Memories!
Go to Top of Page

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - August 01 2006 :  08:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi femsawyer,

I use something along the following lines;

<a href="shopquery.asp?pother1=special">This months' Specials!</a>

Just replace the keyword 'special' with what ever word you want to use to flag the parts on special.

regards

Russ
rustytec
Go to Top of Page

femsawyer
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - August 05 2006 :  10:14:58  Show Profile  Visit femsawyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you so much for helping me with that. I've got that all setup and working now.

I have one more question - A lot of our customers come by daily or every couple of days. How would I create a link using shopquery to show products added within the last 24 hours and last 7 days. I'm sure I would use the cdateadded column in the table but it also needs to sort descending (newest showing first) Because there won't be a defined value in the cdateadded column, I'm not sure how to do it.

Can anyone help me figure out how I would accomplish this?

Thanks.
Lianne

Go to Top of Page

rustytec
VP-CART New User

Australia
113 Posts

Posted - August 10 2006 :  08:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
....How would I create a link using shopquery to show products added within the last 24 hours and last 7 days. I'm sure I would use the cdateadded column in the table but it also needs to sort descending (newest showing first)...

I've had a bit of a look at it, I can't see a way that you can use 'shopquery'.

I see it only working with building up an sql statement, creating a rs (recordset) based on a comparision query. Then sort that descending and build an output. It would be a listing though.

You could use dateadd in the sql to select parts with 'cdateadded' > now - 7 (days) (i.e. 7 days etc).

So it would be something like :

"Select * from products where isdate(cdateadded) and cdateadded > dateadd("d",-7,now) order by catalogid desc"

The "isdate(cdateadded)" logic checks that there is a valid date in the field. The "d" is for days and the "-7" is for 7 days less than "now" which is the date now.

Then loop through the rs and stop at (x) records. Say 10 or so.

You would add a new sub routine to shopproductsubs.asp then call the routine by ;

<% NewProducts %> where ever you wanted the output.

Maybe you can explore that further.

good luck

cheers

rustytec

Go to Top of Page

femsawyer
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - November 10 2006 :  07:24:53  Show Profile  Visit femsawyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmm....I've read this about 100 times now and I can't seem to even fathom how to do this. Would anyone be willing to help me out with this?
I'm lost as to whether I create a new .asp file (and if so, which one do I duplicate as a starting point) or insert the code into an existing .asp file.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00