Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Setting up 30 day trial on a product?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hockeymizike
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - April 26 2005 :  02:01:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am offering a 30day trial offer on a service. If at the end the 30 days they do not cancel this service their CC will be billed automatically for the service. I need to collect the CC information up front from the customer when they sign up for the 30 day trial. But i will not charge them until the 31st day.

Any ideas on how i can set this up?

I looked for a delayed billing feature...

Thanks for you input!
-Mike

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 26 2005 :  08:39:52  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
By Default there is nothing in VP-ASP that could do this.

Our suggestion would be to simply take the credit card details through shopcheckout.asp, simply having the details stored in the database. After 30 days manually charge the card.

If this is not a suitable solution then it would require some custom code.

We would be happy to provide you with a quote for our customisation services, which offer a fast-turnaround time and quality work at a reasonable rate.

If you would like us to send you a quote, please contact us(http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk/ with full details of what you require and we will get back to you ASAP.

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

jay
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - April 26 2005 :  16:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Our cart is set up now to automatically if not instantly communicate with the merchant account. The strategy stated below puts the transaction on hold Right? How do we make that happen? what commands or code should we use?

2. We want the client to enter their demographic AND credit card info even on these "trial purchase" orders so that we can go ahead with the sale if they do not opt out. Will that happen with this approach? Note question 3 below.

3. If the purchase is captured in the shopcheckout.asp function is there a way to trigger the transaction from the database to the merchant account?

4. Lastly, (we do have the monthly purchase add-on) if a customer opts to do a recurring purchase with monthly billing, can that be driven by VP-ASP as specified by the specific catid#? Is there a way to not have to manually touch the transaction?

jay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00