Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Checkout process :: Worldpay&nochex&payapl
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - April 15 2005 :  11:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to be able to offer people these 3 ways to pay ,

1: ) all three methods want me to put their checkout in
Cart Configuration > Payments > xcheckout , it seems to only accept ONE
ie
paypalshopcheckout.asp
wpshopcheckout.asp
nochexgateway.asp

2)when i set option xallowotherpayments to yes a drop down box appears but clicking on for example paypal COMPLETS the order as though its been paid without customer paying AT paypal ?

Also whats that additional informatiuon box that appears all about

Any spoonfeeding help appreciated

PAUL

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 15 2005 :  19:15:45  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
(everyone; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here)....

Each gateway system assumes that its the only gateway that you use on your site, (and as you say, there's only one gateway config option)

But, it is possible to use multiple gateways without too much customisation, because each gateway is independant, so you can simply switch back+forwards between them at choose-payment time and they won't conflict.

"other" payments will just assume it's a cash/check order etc (ie it'll just complete the order straight away).

So, what you could do is:
1) Change any reference to the xcheckout config value in the gateway files to the asp that relates to that specific gateway.
(the next points are up to you if/how you want to do/combine them)...
2) Change shopcreateorder.asp; add a new poplist to store the gateway method, and change it to forward to the relevant checkout according to what they've chosen in their poplist
3) Add "switch-to" buttons on each gateway so people can switch between each gateway if they change their minds.

You don't actually need point 2 if you don't want to; you could just default it to your checkout config option and thereby not have to change the code of shopcreateorder; then just add links in the gateway pages to the other gateway pages.

You only really need to do points 1+3. Don't forget to add the gateway-switching links from point 3 in the gateway failure pages too so that people can switch if they cancel on the gateway and then want to switch.

I think it's all quite nitty-gritty programming stuff though, and unless I've missed something it's not the kind of thing you can do by tweaking config options/data etc.

The additional information box is just for the user to fill in stuff like "I'll send the check on monday" or "I'll pay the cash when I pop round next week" or "check number 1002222 is on its way" etc. I'm not sure offhand, but I'd guess you can change the "Additional Information" text heading via language settings.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on April 15 2005 19:30:06
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - April 16 2005 :  10:36:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thnaks for the info Simon , I am however in SHOCK ... recently added nocheck and paypal to a OScommerce site and it was all done in about ten minutes after downloading the free modules ... I am certainly in shock that VPASP cannot have more than one gateway without ASP customisation which will likely be beyond my capabilities .... as you are a developer i presume your intitial thoughts are correct

I am really suprised VPASP cannot handle this easily

Thnaks for the Input

PAUL

Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - May 02 2005 :  13:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
happy to say i managed it .. thanks for your help guys

PAUL

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic