Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 ''view all'' button
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

calliope
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - April 11 2005 :  12:50:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a 'view all' button? If not, does anyone have code for it?
Thanks.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 11 2005 :  13:06:36  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you mean to view all products, then you can just create a link for shopdisplayproducts.asp (with no arguments) - that'll show all products.

If you're on 5.5 then you'll also need to add the argument for the websession logic.

eg:

<a href="shopdisplayproducts.asp<%addsession%>">View All</a>

for 5.5

or

<a href="shopdisplayproducts.asp">View All</a>

for 5/4.5 etc

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

calliope
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - April 12 2005 :  15:22:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mean display all products within a cateogry or other selection where there are more than one pages. For instance, I have 3 pages under my 'jewelry' category and I want to have a button next to the '1 2 3' where, if pressed, will show one page with all the products. It's pretty common so I'm surprised this is not already build in.

thanks.

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - April 16 2005 :  21:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is an interesting idea. I've seen similar on Ebay. I'm guessing it could be done without too much trouble with modification to the code. I'd start by searching for where the xproductsperpage configuration is used. I assume that is a compare statement there that could be extended using a variable that would be set using the "View All" button. It seems like the tricky thing would be clearing the variable.

....okay, I looked into this a bit for you and found that it is handled in shopdisplayproducts.asp in this line (aprox line 141 in ver 5.50):

ShopOpenRecordSet SQL,objRS1, mypagesize, mypage

mypagesize is the key here: it holds the value from the xproductsperpage config.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough SQL to do anything w/ this at the moment. I have some ideas, but I'd have to experiment to see the result. I'm sure someone else on here knows this well and can give solid info on what to do here.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00