Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Mixed shipping costs/calculation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisbreault
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - April 03 2005 :  13:18:54  Show Profile  Visit chrisbreault's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do I setup my shipping cost table if I have part calculated by price range and part calculated by percentage of the total? The shipping calculation should follow the below scenario:

Shipping Cost......................Price Range

$5.95............................$0.00--$25.00
$6.95...........................$25.00--$75.00
$8.95..........................$75.00--$125.00
$10.95........................$125.00--$175.00
8% of total.....................$175.00 and up

Thanks for any help!

Christina Breault

Edited by - chrisbreault on April 03 2005 13:21:18

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - April 03 2005 :  17:57:53  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chris you might want to try the UPS realtime module. It really works well and will give you the actual UPS charges live to the customer. (you can add to them or also do a seperate handling if they need to.)

Go to Top of Page

chrisbreault
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - April 03 2005 :  18:12:08  Show Profile  Visit chrisbreault's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, once again! :)

I thought about that (I have another shopping cart operating that way -- http://www.digitalboutique.net/shopping/candlesbyashley/). Problem is this shop owner doesn't want to write weight figures for each one of her items (she would have to individually weight every thing and she has lots of stuffs -- she's in a hurry to have the shopping cart up and running for her customers). VPASP tech support told me it cannot be done (a mixed calculation), and it would require a customization of the code (which the owner doesn't want to do now). So, we settled to have a long list of price range for now, which is working fine (just tested: http://www.digitalboutique.net/shopping/rcuniforms/ )

Thank you!!

Christina Breault
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00