Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 EcartStudio Mini Cart Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kamin
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - March 13 2005 :  17:30:36  Show Profile  Visit Kamin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This isn't the place for this, but I haven't recieved a response from ecartstudio.com to a problem I am having. They have a small mini cart which is a great feature that I like a lot. But I found a bug in it. If xprice0 has text entered into the field the "Total" field in the mini cart displays the xprice0 text. For example if you put "Please call or email for pricing" in the xprice0 field, that text is displayed in the mini cart until I product is added to the basket. Here is the code they use

<%
Dim sTotal,iTemp,iQtyTotal
Dim arrCartTemp
Dim QuantityTemp

iQtyTotal = 0
arrCartTemp = GetSessA("CartArray")
For iTemp = 1 to GetSess("CartCount")
QuantityTemp =arrCartTemp(cQuantity,iTemp)
sTotal = sTotal + QuantityTemp * cDbl("0" & arrCartTemp(cUnitPrice,iTemp))
iQtyTotal = iQtyTotal + QuantityTemp
Next
'sTotal = formatcurrency(sTotal,2)
sTotal = shopformatcurrency(sTotal,2)
%>

I am hoping someone else who purchased one of thier templates has run into this problem and has found a fix for it.

Thanks
Kamin

shopcomputer
VP-CART New User

USA
57 Posts

Posted - March 13 2005 :  19:09:37  Show Profile  Visit shopcomputer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The same problem exists with the VPASP minicart.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 14 2005 :  03:46:17  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think this is probably deliberate; if part of the order is an unknown cost then the whole order cost is therefore also unknown and could in theory be absolutely anything, therefore it makes sense to display the unknown label on the total as well as on the relevant items, otherwise it'd mislead the buyer.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Kamin
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - March 14 2005 :  19:13:34  Show Profile  Visit Kamin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The good folks over at ecartstudio have informed me of a simple fix. By removing the ' from
'sTotal = formatcurrency(sTotal,2)

and putting it on the
'sTotal = shopformatcurrency(sTotal,2)

It fix's the problem. Thanks for the replies and anyone else using an ecart template, this should help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00