Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 vpasp, cookies, saved shopping carts and privacy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Justin
VP-CART New User

87 Posts

Posted - March 07 2005 :  22:20:10  Show Profile  Visit Justin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys -

I am putting together a privacy policy for my site at the moment, and thought it would help if I had a better understanding of how cookies are used on VPASP.

In particular, I'm concerned about the way that previous shopping carts are saved as a long-life cookie on the user's computer, as this would have repercussions such as not being able to make claims like "cookie information is not retained once you leave the site" etc.

So a) how do they work? and b) what have you guys got in your privacy policy? I'm just trying to get a balance between functionality and legal requirements.

Thanks in advance!

Justin

jsbeads
Starting Member

USA
39 Posts

Posted - March 09 2005 :  09:00:43  Show Profile  Visit jsbeads's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You did not indicate which version of VP-ASP you are using, and how you have it set up.

Just write out you PCP the way that you have your system set up. If you have cokkies on then indicate it.

Go to Top of Page

Justin
VP-CART New User

87 Posts

Posted - March 09 2005 :  19:50:32  Show Profile  Visit Justin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi jsbeads - thanks for the reply.

I'm using v4.5 at the moment. I was hoping to be more precise on my privacy policy page, to say exactly how we use cookies and how long they are kept for. Ideally I'd like to be able to say that they expire when they leave our site, but I don't think that is technically true under 4.5

Regards,

Justin

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00