Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Google Adwords conversion tracking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Justin
VP-CART New User

87 Posts

Posted - March 06 2005 :  19:15:40  Show Profile  Visit Justin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has someone who has implemented Google Adwords converstion tracking with the Advanced ROI/Conversion Value please tell me

a) where did you put the Google code? (I tried just under the "Return to homepage" text in shopthanks.asp); and

b) what do I use as the "Value"? (I tried OrderTotal because it's the name of the session variable but it didn't seem to work).

Help greatly appreciated!

Justin

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 07 2005 :  04:21:05  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for a), you're right that it goes in shopthanks.asp, and could be added here:

WriteMailError
If getconfig("xFrames")="Yes" Then
%>
put your javascript here
<%
response.write "</body></html>"
else
%>
put your javascript here
<%
ShopPageTrailer
end if

you also might want to have some kind of flag to indicate if you're doing test orders so that it doesn't do conversions when you're testing etc.

to do it fully/nicely, you'd be best to put the javascript in a separate file inside a sub function (and have that file included in shop$db.asp) and then call that vbscript function in the bit above rather than pasting the whole javascript in shopthanks.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Justin
VP-CART New User

87 Posts

Posted - March 07 2005 :  15:43:24  Show Profile  Visit Justin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Simon.

I think I got it going last night, finally.

I created a test ad on Adwords to test (keyword: [hfhaklsjh asdjlfak] or something), and just footed the 10c bill for clicking on it. Though now that the cookie is on my computer (I think for 30 days) I'd have to manually delete it if I wanted to retest the scenario of sales *not* coming from Google.

*sigh* what a drama, setting it up. I wanted the pre-tax price (dependant on country the order is being sent to), including postage (if applicable) but not including tax on the postage (if applicable),... yeah, I've got a complex little formula in my code there :)

Even better would be to have next version of VPASP with the googleadwords.asp file skeleton already there, including VPASP-specific instructions, and have it set up with variables in the shopconfig (including a memo field for pasting the Google code into). Guess you can't have everything, though.... :D

Justin

Go to Top of Page

NEXUS REX
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - September 01 2006 :  16:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What session variable would I call in order to pull the subtotal, before tax and shipping?

Travis Cable

Senior Developer
Special Ops Paintball
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00