Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Live Support Chat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

StevenWWinters
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - February 23 2005 :  11:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone used an ASP based live support chat app that they're happy with and would recommend? One that supports simple browser based chat sessions between customers and merchant support staff, not a full blown help desk system. This would be a nice addition to VP-ASP, btw.

apswater
VP-CART Super User

444 Posts

Posted - February 23 2005 :  16:31:48  Show Profile  Visit apswater's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I just added this.. it has a good mnitoring part. We have it on 7 websites right now and are very happy with it.

http://www.xigla.com/absolutelsnet/index.htm

We used to use human click but it got so expensive. The draw back to ASP one is that they rely on a database nstead of straight live data like human click. Basically you get a snapshot but you do not see when the people leave. IT has generates a cool pupup when you request chat with the end user, greaat for scaring hackers. you set the text on the box to be displayed to the user. I scare away a few hackers with "This is the FBI, we have been tracking you." It shows you who is on what page and since it is asp it is easily modified.

Go to Top of Page

Ronnie
VP-CART New User

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - May 29 2006 :  02:45:58  Show Profile  Visit Ronnie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have used LivePerson www.liveperson.com(now called Timpany) on many sites and the sales figures are fantastic if you give it some focus.
It's javascript and all activity is recorded on their servers. The website monitoring tool is just amazing.
Go to Top of Page

johnagr
Starting Member

Australia
8 Posts

Posted - May 29 2006 :  03:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
we use whoson (www.whoson.com)with our site; I cannot recommend this product enough. It also doubles up as a great web analysis tool, with ability to calculate ROI etc.
Go to Top of Page

dannyfromnj
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - May 30 2006 :  01:12:40  Show Profile  Visit dannyfromnj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I took a look at Absolute Live Support .NET and whoson... They're both sweet solutions, the pricing isn't all that bad either considering how slick they both are.

Currently, I'm using Crafty Syntax (just google it), which is free (they do ask for a donation). And to be honest it's not bad considering it's a fee solution. With a little bit of tech savvy, it's a snap to install.

Here's a short list of the features:

*Monitor movement through the site
*Logs visitor IP
*Tracks pages visited in real-time
*Logs conversations, IP, path through the site, referrers and more.
*Push URL's to visitors
*Send Chat Invites to visitors
-Manually
-Automatically based on preset amount of time after visitor
lands on your site
-Automatically based on preset amount of time on a specific
page
*Dynamic Online/ offline icon
*Visitors can leave a message if your offline, which is then emailed
to you.
*Create multiple departments, all with unique settings
*Transfer chat between departments

I tweaked it a bit with regard to look and feel... everybody I've showed it to loves it and thinks I spend a bundle... lol. And it is a big plus having a live support option. More visitors turn into customers, no doubt! I don't have it employed at the site in my signature, if you want a peek shoot me an email.

That all being said... it's not the perfect end-all solution. Certainly not as slick as some of the paid solutions, but it is free, and it does work nicely.

Bottom line... if you're in a position to throw a few bucks at it, then I'd roll with Absolute Live Support .Net or whoson. If you're just getting started and your budget is a bit tight, then go with Crafty Syntax.

This way, that way, or the other way... whatever you decide, I would highly recommend having a live support option in place. It's a competitive world out there, and the cyber world is ten times more competitive then say having a shop in a mall. Live support gives you an edge by bridging the gap, extending the reach of your web server allowing you to be hands on with your visitors/customers.

Whoa... I kinda went on there a bit didn't I? And I did all that without even taking a breath! lol

One last thing, I've been dying to say this since line one... Who's on first?

Best of luck ;-)

--
Daniel Tedesco
WirelessInsight, LLC
http://www.wirelessinsight.biz
Go to Top of Page

jaimerod
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - July 26 2006 :  19:34:35  Show Profile  Visit jaimerod's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Absolute LS is the best... Check it out on our site
http://www.ezkliquidators.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00