Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 default shipping method
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RegisterGuy
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - February 17 2005 :  13:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This should be a quick & easy one, but I just can not find it anywhere. I have xdefaultshippingmethod set to Yes, and I have 3 shipping types "UPS, USPS & Downloads". "Downloads" is always the default, how can I make USPS the default shipping method?

Thanks!

Edited by - RegisterGuy on February 21 2005 17:31:13

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - March 09 2005 :  14:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem. One of my shipping methods is "Special Arrangement" and this was getting picked all the time by mistake because it was the default.

It turns out it is somewhat covered in the Developer's manual.
When xdefaultshippingmethod = "Yes" as in your case, "the first one on the list is automatically selected."

So what does this mean? Well, the list of shipping methods is sorted alphabetically, and the first one is chosen by default. In your case, "D" comes before "U" so "Downloads" shows up first and is chosen by default. You may want to choose different names or put something at the start of the name to force a certain sort order. For me, I put "a)" and "b)" at the beginning of my shipping method names to force the sort order.

Go to Top of Page

dcwebman
VP-CART New User

USA
127 Posts

Posted - March 10 2005 :  07:41:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you only care about USPS being the first one and the others kept alphabetically, simply put a space in front of USPS in the name. That will sort it above the others like greatphoto said.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00