Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 upgrading from 3.5 to 5.0 or 5.5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BILLCAT
Starting Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - January 20 2005 :  01:23:32  Show Profile  Visit BILLCAT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been using vpasp 3.5 for years. We run a full time business www.essentialsbycatalina.com. I think I need to upgrade now to take advantage of new features and hope some of the problems will go away. Problems like too many users using the site at once , I think it is my access database can no longer handle the volume , I think I should also go to SQL.

Regardless.

My questions are:
What is the easioest route to take?
What problems can I expect?
What about the database conversion?

Is there anyone out ther that can help me out as far as advice or just plain out would like to be hired to make the upgrade for me.

Please check out www.essentialsbyctaalina.com

Any help , suggestions, or proposals for upgrades would be appreciated

Thanks
Bill

Alan F
VP-CART New User

102 Posts

Posted - January 20 2005 :  06:24:38  Show Profile  Visit Alan F's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill

I personally would upgrade to version 5.5 as the new features the new version offers are second to none.

You can download a blank ver shopping550 database from VP-ASP and see which tables or fields match up or export your old records to excel and import them into the new databse This can be all done off line so your shop should stay safe

Upload vp-asp into a new directory and then upload the new database. Edit shop$config and point the file to the database once you are happy you can then rename your directory back to the shop diectory and away you go.

Let me know if you need any further assistance or how you got on

Kind Regards

Alan
www.design365.co.uk

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00