Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Extra Template Fields (image-defaulting etc)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 21 2004 :  09:34:11  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Create customised vpasp html template-fields with ease!

Show default images when they haven't been specified or are physically missing, show country/state names instead of codes.

Over the last year or so, we've been working out an easy way to create extra/new template fields for vpasp so that we can add customised logic in a simple way, with each set of related new template-fields being in its own file that we can easily change/tweak as time goes on, rather than having to hack-about the shopfileio.asp logic each time.

For example, in an order confirmation email you might want to show the country name instead of the country code, so we created a new country-name template field that you can put into your html templates which'll show the country name for your order's country code.

We ended up creating 100's of these "extra fields" for various aspects, and we're now selling the generic "add an extra template field" logic (with examples/instructions) as well as the extra-fields themselves, and bundles (the generic logic bundled with extra-fields).

So far we've only uploaded/documented/released for sale a handful of these, but we'll be releasing more as time goes on.

We'll be creating documentation on-site to explain these in more detail very soon, but the documentation that comes with the addons explains in detail how it's used and how it all works.

So far, you can buy the following (if anyone has any requests for more, feel free to email)......

Country-Name and State-Name Bundle (with generic "extra field" logic) -
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=80

Image-Defaulting Bundle (with generic "extra field" logic) -
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=81
This set of template-fields will allow you to specify your default image-file when a product doesn't have an image specified or when the physical image specified on the product is missing from the server.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

shopcomputer
VP-CART New User

USA
57 Posts

Posted - January 01 2005 :  16:36:36  Show Profile  Visit shopcomputer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Simon, it worked Beautiful for my client www.atlantictime.com , now every item on their site has an image.

Moishe Grunstein
Tornado Computer Systems, Inc.
www.nysolutions.com

Edited by - shopcomputer on January 01 2005 23:00:50
Go to Top of Page

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - January 03 2005 :  04:22:11  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This has been implemented on my test site. I am in the middle of a site re-design. It works great!!

It's really annoying to see the silly red x when a picture is missing or I mis-spelled the path.

Now I can get the default image in lieu of the red x. It looks so much nicer and professional to at least have a default no image than the red x.

It will soon be implemented on my live site!

Thanks Simon!!

Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com/shopping

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00