Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Mfg Pulldown Menu Creation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

epseja
VP-CART New User

USA
61 Posts

Posted - December 10 2004 :  15:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking to make a pulldown menu that will display all Manufacturers, and upon choosing will display all products by that Manufacturer (much like the Category pulldown). Would this have to be accomplished by creating a new table of manufacturers for the lookup or can the SQL search use the products table with Mfg is specified?

I tried to modify the Category search pulldown sub but I couldn't get it to work correctly.

Any help would be appreciated!

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 10 2004 :  17:52:50  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you wouldn't need to create a new table (unless you wanted to give the descriptions in the poplist a different set of values to the products' mfg values)

you'd just need to query the distinct products.mfg values and then loop around those distinct rows printing a dynamic poplist.

you might also need to change some of the product-querying related files such as shopproductcreatesql.asp to allow the new/extra mfg parameter, but you might not need to; it depends on where you want to place the poplist and how you want it to be used (ie whether you want it on the detailed-search form, on the product-results/summary pages, or on a side-panel, or a combination of those things)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)