Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Adding Mfg in front of Prodname in carts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

epseja
VP-CART New User

USA
61 Posts

Posted - December 05 2004 :  12:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again,

I'm trying to figure out how to add the mfg name in front of the prodname (i.e. "Trident Bubblegum" instead of "Bubblegum") for both the minicart and main carts. Since there is cart array building going on at that point, it will have to be stuck into the array code, but I can't figure out the syntax for grabbing the mfg field from the database for the particular item being processed. Any insight?

-Eric

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 05 2004 :  12:58:49  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For the main cart you can change the shop configuration

xcartfields=mfg,cname,cdescription

The minicart does requite a minor code change

edit shopproductfeatures.asp

arrCart(cProductmininame,scartItem) = strcname
change to
arrCart(cProductmininame,scartItem) = strmfg & " " & strcname

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

epseja
VP-CART New User

USA
61 Posts

Posted - December 08 2004 :  23:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. The minicart looks perfect now, with the Manufacturer Name simply appended before the Product Name just as I wanted.

Things are different for the cart layout in all other instances though. It seems that the Manufacturer name winds up on a line *above* the Product Name, and that doesn't look quite right. Where/how can I get the cart layout to emulate the minicart layout in this instance? I've been scrounging through the cart building code but I can't seem to find the spot before the array fields are aggregated and dumped out into HTML code.

Help?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00