Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Credit card fraud and hackers
 How absolute path saved me....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - November 10 2004 :  13:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somebody tried to copy my website! I’m just so glad that I hard coded the links in my default page like register, login, etc. to make it go to SSL page. I used absolute path on all of them. This saved me a lot. Although they were able to copy some parts of my website, they were still unsuccessful due to the hardcoding I did on the links. Absolute path forced to redirect the links to my legitimate site.

So for all of you who really cares about your customer, better use absolute path for register links or any other links that you want secure or get redirected to your site no matter what.

How I found about the problem? Go to google and type in your website name and make sure that the links google gives you back are links that you recognize and not some scum that copied your website.

I also have to give credit to VPASP because although they try to scam my website, it did not allow them to complete any transaction. I am sharing so that other people would learn from my experience and if you have any tips pls. share them also.

Thanks!

Edited by - keng on November 10 2004 13:19:07

Edited by - keng on November 10 2004 13:19:59

Edited by - keng on November 10 2004 13:20:29
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00