Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 HTML generate add-on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

candude
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - October 18 2004 :  16:46:41  Show Profile  Visit candude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have around 500,000 products and was wondering if someone come up with a good way to generate static html for that many products.. (would Google crawl all 500,000 links on one index.html page?)

Please let me know..

Alex

-----------------------
VP-ASP: Installation, Customization and Security
http://www.sublet.net/vpasp/

wft
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - October 18 2004 :  21:49:06  Show Profile  Visit wft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi candude-

one of my client has around 50,000 products as well. what i did is seperateing the product index pages.

as i recalled v5.5, the static html files will be organized by category.

my client is still with v5, what i did is mod the sql string in shopa_generatehtml.asp to include only category I wish. I ran html generation for each category.

Also I highly recommend to put the files in different folders so you won't have issue with performance , storing 500,000 files - not good for indexing ,searching

Re google crawl : for an established site with a PR6 or better, Google consider your site as "preferred site", the deep crawl occurs once a month but with 500,000 pages I humbly suggest to break down into the smaller index files on different folders/different index files.

hope this helps

regards
jim
vp-asp templates/ vpasp skin design

Edited by - wft on October 18 2004 21:53:22
Go to Top of Page

sek
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - December 14 2004 :  09:14:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for sharing....i still have problems though since my site only has a PR2. no deep indexing so far...:-(

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00