Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Problem with VP-ASP Site
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 11 2004 :  16:29:12  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VP-ASP site is an extremely large and informative set of pages.

If you have a problem with any of our pages, or find a typo or incorrect information, we would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Howard Kadetz
[email protected]

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - November 06 2004 :  18:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In V5.5 $upgrade.htm, section 3, it says:

You now need to run this file twice

The files for Microsoft Access are:
convert550access.txt, create550admin.txt, convert550config.txt

I think "this file" refers to convert550.asp. I think it is trying to say that you should run convert550.asp twice: once for each of two files. However, 3 files are listed rather than 2. So I think it should read:

Run convert550.asp 3 times: once for each of 3 files that are selected depending on the database type as follows.

Am I correct? Is there a typo here? If so, convert550.asp itself needs to be changed as well since it says "This utility needs to be run two times. Once for each file."

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - December 29 2004 :  15:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Section 39.6 of the Version 5.5 Developer's Guide needs to be updated. It lists some files to remove for security, but does not include all the files that are shown here
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_securitydetails.htm#Removing%20Unneeded%20files

The way it is written now is incomplete, but someone setting up a new cart would have no way of knowing this. They would assume that the instructions in the manual they received with the product were complete.

Also, this section suggests removing files beginning with "Vpdemo..."
Such files do not exist in VPASP 5.50. No other listing for security on the VP-ASP site suggests removing these files. The closest files to this are "vpaspdemo*" Can/should these be removed?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00