Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 Need more inpu from support staff
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CHAVOUSA
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - October 01 2004 :  05:40:19  Show Profile  Visit CHAVOUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find it strange that the support staff doesn't contact VPASP buyers nor it posts updated files and/or known bugs/glitches to the forum. I just found out about a glitch with the gift certificate module. I did not find anything on the "known bugs" section nor I ever received an update email from the support staff advising me of this glitch so I could be aware and fix it.

I think more initiative should be taken to inform all users of VPASP as glitches are found and corrections are made, otherwise there is no way they will find out until discovered by a customer trying to make s transaction which could result in loosing business.

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - October 01 2004 :  08:08:38  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think the idea of a more focused effort to identify and remedy bugs is always a good thing, and for the most part VP-ASP does a decent job at it.

Maybe you were just the first one to find that particular glitch/bug. Did you share it with them so they could post it and let everyone else know? I'm sure they'd like to hear about it so they could post a fix for it.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

CHAVOUSA
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - October 01 2004 :  08:14:44  Show Profile  Visit CHAVOUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, VPASP staff was aware of the glitch, and they had a fix since Sept 21, 2004 on it, but I was not aware that the fix file was on the add-ons section. There is nowhere that says fixes are stored there. I have been checking the known bugs section in the forum, but that specific glitch, and even some others included in the updated files are not posted in that forum section by the staff.

And yes, VPASP has been good at responding at my technical support requests, but they would save the time and extra effort of answering individual questions when they can just have an open section for everyone to go and check before they submit a request for support.

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - October 22 2004 :  22:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto!

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 23 2004 :  00:42:49  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We welcome your comments and we are not reluctant to show bugs but in most cases they affect a very few customers and only occur using a unique set of configuration options.

So we do not think it necessary to create a bug list that says If you use configuration options x and y and z together with w database, you will have this problem.

For those bugs that are more common, we have starting publishing them immediately. In most cases we have found people contact us regardless of what resources we expend on putting the information on the web.

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Edited by - support on October 23 2004 01:40:56
Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - October 31 2004 :  15:01:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

We welcome your comments and we are not reluctant to show bugs but in most cases they affect a very few customers and only occur using a unique set of configuration options.

So we do not think it necessary to create a bug list that says If you use configuration options x and y and z together with w database, you will have this problem.

Ok, so just to let you know guys that there is a bug on ver.5.5 when you use the inventory control. See Developer documentation 7.12. it says there that, "When the main product is displayed, it cannot be purchased. Only the associated inventory product can be purchased. The main product is designed to show the detailed description of the product, the inventory products can be purchased." This is not true. Support emailed me a copy of the corrected file. Hadn't it been my customer made a mistake, I would not catch this. I think this should be a fix in general not only per request basis.

Because of this, my shipping is delayed because I am waiting for my customer to respond back to me what size does he want because he forgot to choose the size yet allowed him to complete the order. Such a hassle. Then customer is on vacation! god knows when he is coming back and expecting his item in 3 day time!

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - October 31 2004 :  15:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]

Ok, so just to let you know guys that there is a bug on ver.5.5 when you use the inventory control. See Developer documentation 7.12. it says there that, "When the main product is displayed, it cannot be purchased. Only the associated inventory product can be purchased. The main product is designed to show the detailed description of the product, the inventory products can be purchased." This is not true. Support emailed me a copy of the corrected file. Hadn't it been my customer made a mistake, I would not catch this. I think this should be a fix in general not only per request basis.

Because of this, my shipping is delayed because I am waiting for my customer to respond back to me what size does he want because he forgot to choose the size yet allowed him to complete the order.

VPASP support has always been generous giving us support but how many bugs are there that I still need to catch? Sorry, for sounding frustrated here....

Go to Top of Page

keng
VP-CART New User

152 Posts

Posted - October 31 2004 :  15:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Because of this, my shipping is delayed because I am waiting for my customer to respond back to me (went to vacation right after purchase) what size he wants because he forgot to choose the size yet allowed him to complete the order. The item he bought are being sold out so quickly so Im afraid that by the time he calls me up, I have nothing left for him.

VPASP support has always been generous giving us support but how many bugs are there that I still need to catch? Sorry, for sounding frustrated here....

[/quote]

Go to Top of Page

Cam
VP-CART Super User

Australia
361 Posts

Posted - November 01 2004 :  23:08:10  Show Profile  Visit Cam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a much more advanced inventory control function that we have been developing over the last 12 or so months.

Provides true inventory control and also a variety of display methods.

Feel free to email http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp if interested.

Thanks,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net
Go to Top of Page

CHAVOUSA
VP-CART New User

USA
86 Posts

Posted - December 17 2004 :  11:13:59  Show Profile  Visit CHAVOUSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In regards to Keng's issue above. See this topic...this is what I mean and it does get me frustrated too. I have to find out about bugs by coming to the board and they are not all listed officially in the page where all the bugs are supposed to be in.

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3312

An talk about the fixes, the zip file with the fixes doesn't have any structure. All the files are included, no matter if the fix was done 6 months ago. Users that want to keep up-to-date have to go through each and every single file from the fix zip file and check them against what they have in their website to make sure all the fixes are applied. There is a list of files and fixes done, but this list is full of ommissions and innacurate file listings. So you are never sure if, for example, the fix for shop$db.asp is recent or it is the same done back on September.

Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - December 23 2004 :  18:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Support has released various updates in the add-ons page located here: http://www.vpasp.com/sales/addons550.asp

I was glad to see that they placed a date beside the release so we could get in the habit of checking the date to see if there is a new update that we should install. (Of course, as we've already discussed, they should email us every time there's an update to it).

So here's the question: are they continuing to provide updates to this as you've been finding new bugs? It's currently dated November 2, but I think I see more bugs listed in the forum after that date.

Feedback on this would be appreciated. Is support getting better at being proactive with known bugs?

Go to Top of Page

Cam
VP-CART Super User

Australia
361 Posts

Posted - February 04 2005 :  06:47:17  Show Profile  Visit Cam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are looking at a new system designed to deliver bug information, gerenal news and other relevant information directly to the admin page of the site owner.

When we have this working we will releasing an update.

This shouldbe a fantastic way of leting site owners know immediately anything new is released.

There is also a new security feature coming soon. More info on this one later when closer to delivery.

Thanks,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic