Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Customizing Random Products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nefweb
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - September 15 2004 :  05:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two customization questions. Perhaps someone here can offer some suggestions...

First, I would like to put the random product display on several different pages. On the front page, I would like to show products from all categories that I have marked in the database. On other pages, I would like to show only items from a specific category. Is this possible?

Second, I have an image background on my site that shows just around the edges of a white table. How would I eliminate the gap between the tables and the shoppage_header so that the entire body of the generated pages is inside the white table?

Thanks for any help! I am reasonably comfortable with HTML, but not very/at all with asp coding.

Cara

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 15 2004 :  09:50:37  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the explicit white background colour will be inside shop$colors.asp (just do a search for "BGCOLOR" and you'll probably find them there), and there may also be an explicit body background in the BODY definition in shop_pageheader.htm

Can you post an example url as I'm unsure of the problem you're having without seeing it ?

You might also find the following useful, which allows you to set the backgrounds of the whole browser session, the site-content, the side panels, and the central panel (or any combination) by changing your panel-splitter config settings:

This is our panel-splitter, and it has now been given a v5.5 revamp:

http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=26

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

nefweb
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - September 15 2004 :  21:20:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. I would prefer not to post a url here since it is an open forum--we get hammered with enough would-be-hackers as it is (we can watch their daily unsuccessful antics in our web logs). I know that sounds a bit paranoid, but the hacker traffic dropped off sharply after we removed our link on this site.

I already have my background set to use a gif file. On the pages I code myself, I use the same background, but I have my page content on a white, centered table, so the graphic just peeks around the edges.

On the cart generated pages, I am using the same setup, but I have three white tables--header, product table and the trailer. I would like to combine all of these tables into one seamless white area floating on top of my graphic background.

Thanks,

Cara

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00