Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Affiliate Sales Shopping Cart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jf7926
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - September 08 2004 :  15:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had experience in customizing VP-ASP to support affiliate sales processing via companies like CJ and LinkShare. I'd like to use the shopping cart features to dynamically store and show the products but then change the buy button to include the appropriate affiliate link URLs and account codes. In essense the view shopping cart feature would never be used under this model. Thank you.

wft
VP-CART New User

66 Posts

Posted - September 23 2004 :  12:15:23  Show Profile  Visit wft's Homepage  Reply with Quote
on top of my head...

I beleive this is possible using our extended description page ( shopexd.asp )
you can set
- xproductcatalogonly to "yes", this turns the site to catalog mode
- xbuttonmoreinfo to the name of yoru buy buttion.
- then set cdesurl for your products to the affiliate links

if you also want to use randomdisplay products at the front page, you you can modify the template to include cdesurl for each product as well.

my humble opinion is doable.

but i doubt whether you can obtain affiliate links for products from CJ or Linkshare. from what i know, most affilate won't upload affliate product links...instead text links or banner links to their front pages though.

oh..btw, there is a free ASP amazon xml feed available ( seach on google), if you wish to use amazon web services. i think you can spare some space on your VP-asp site showing amazon products too.

good luck

wft

Get the cool look & feel with VP-ASP Skins - VPASP Templates

Edited by - wft on September 23 2004 12:19:36
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00