Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Pricing Variable in Extended Description
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

raphael
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - August 29 2004 :  01:26:11  Show Profile  Visit raphael's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh boy. I've tried for an hour to figure out what variable to use to do some simple logic based on the pricing in the template formatted description page. I'm editing the shopfileio.asp with a new routine... but here's the Q.

Sub Handle_ADDFREESHIPPING
If ((PRICEVARIABLE??)) >100 Then
Response.write "<BR><B>FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING</B>"
End If
End Sub

Hmmm... how to get the price...

Thanks!

Raphael

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - August 29 2004 :  07:57:12  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are using version 5.0, you can use the Xshippingfree variable and put in a value of 100 and then when an order is greater than 100 it will automatically give you free shipping. This was found in section 27.1 Shipping Configuration of the developers guide.

I use the .html template for my extended descriptions and I use this variable to show the price [formatcurrency cprice].

Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com

Edited by - bmw000 on August 29 2004 08:01:00
Go to Top of Page

raphael
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - August 30 2004 :  12:25:53  Show Profile  Visit raphael's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, thanks, but I'm familiar with all that. I have Free shipping, UPS, US Mail and all functioning fine.

I just want the text "FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING" to appear on the extended description page when the price is over $100 for that item. So I'm writing a subroutine that needs to be able to know what the current price is for the item. I just don't know how to get that price into the subroutine... what variable it is.

Raphael

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 30 2004 :  14:12:06  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you're looking in the wrong place; there's 2 sections where you can add these kind of template fields; one place doesn't use any arguments, another place uses arguments.

if this is for the qty stuff that we did for you a while back, then try this:

1. add the following to byz_template_codesargs_qtytables.asp:
Case "FORMAT_ADD_FREE_SHIPPING"
value=Format_ADDFREESHIPPING(value)

2. add the following to byz_template_functions_qtytables.asp:

Function Format_ADDFREESHIPPING(arg_in_price)
Dim retval
if (arg_in_price>100) then
retval="<BR><B>FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING</B>"
else
retval=""
end if
Format_ADDFREESHIPPING=retval
End Function

3. add the following to your html-template:

[FORMAT_ADD_FREE_SHIPPING cprice]

this won't take account of the qty discount, as it always just uses the standard cprice, but if it's something you're just using in the product-templates then you couldn't really use the qty-discounted value anyway as it wouldn't have been chosen at that stage.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

raphael
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - August 31 2004 :  09:32:42  Show Profile  Visit raphael's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, that worked great! Thanks......
http://www.chesshouse.com/shopexd.asp?id=3347

Raphael

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00