Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Drivers error 80004005
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cho7536
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - August 28 2004 :  16:31:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to set up SQL, and when I run convertsql.asp with file name create500sqlserver.txt I get following messages.

----
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

/vpasp/shop$db.asp, line 297
----

what can i do?

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - August 28 2004 :  16:50:07  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you setup the database connection parameters in shop$config.asp?

This is taken from the FAQ.

SQL Server Set-up

SQL Server is slightly more complicated than Microsoft Access because you must first create the database and the build the VP-ASP tables. VP-ASP makes this easy to do with our supplied scripts. For a more complete summary click here. Once the tables are created using our supplied scripts, the shop$config.asp file should look like this.

This is for direct connection to SQL Server. The shop$config.asp settings should be as follows:

const xDatabase="yourdatabasename"
const xdblocation=""
const xdatabasetype="SQLServer"
const xSQLUser="youruserid"
const xSQLPwd="yourpassword"
const xSQLServer="www.yourserver.com" Please note: this is the location of your sql server, not your webpage. An ip address can also be used.

The xsqlserver value will be supplied to you by your web hosting company or if running on your own PC it is probably going to be "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"

Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com

Go to Top of Page

cho7536
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - August 28 2004 :  17:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Brian
Now I get

--------

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'
Syntax error in field definition.

/convertsql.asp, line 228

---------

curTest="Create " & tablename
sql = record
Adderror SQL
dbc.Execute(SQL) <----- line 228 in convertsql.asp
'shopclosedatabase dbc
end sub

do you have any idea why it gives error in line 228?
Thanks.
June

Go to Top of Page

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - August 28 2004 :  22:19:06  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's something I have not come across. When I initially set mine up I had no problems.

Your best bet would be to use the helpdesk and create a support ticket with vpasp. Here is the link to the helpdesk. http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk/logon.asp?URL=/virtprog/helpdesk/default.asp

They will be able to tell you exactly what is going wrong and get it working for you. Thier support is excellent and thier response time is great too. I have never waited more than 24 hours for a response no matter what day of the week it is.

Brian Weber
BMW Solutions, LLC
http://www.bmwsolutions.com

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00