Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Problems with associating products and categories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

uncle dewey
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - August 20 2004 :  15:43:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got 19 parent categories and the total number of sub categories (going to the 5th level) is 1716. I created a program to populate the categories tbl. Next I uploaded 17,000 products using the fields: [ccode,cdateavailable,cdescription,cname,cprice,cstock,mfg,retailprice, supplierid, and weight]. Next I wrote another program to associate the the categoryids with the catalogids into the prodcategories tbl. And finally, I updated the products table subcategoryid with the appropriate categoryid. With the exception of one parent category there are NO products associated at the parent level which means the ccategory is NULL for most of the products. All products in the products tbl. have the appropriate subcategoryid and so does the prodcategories intcatalogid/intcategoryid. All associations are accurate.

Whew! A lot of work. Anyway, I can't get the products to display when their associated subcategory is selected. I ran across the solution for the tmparray(100) and fixed that. The configuration is also set to the same number of categories allowed. Are there any clues to getting my products to display when a subcategory is clicked?

In addition, I removed the rem'd debugprint statement in the NewProductSQL SUB and it displayed this as the SQL statement "select * from products where ccategory = 64 or subcategoryid = 64 and hide=0 order by cname". When that qry is ran in SQL QA it returns 45 products for that category and the products are properly associated with subcategoryid=64.

Edited by - uncle dewey on August 20 2004 16:42:21

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 20 2004 :  18:27:47  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I could be wrong, but I think that you'll need to ensure you create prodcategories records for all levels in the category tree for each product, and ensure that your "xsimplecategories" config option is set to "No".

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

uncle dewey
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - August 23 2004 :  09:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks devshb, but it was much simplier than that. I didn't pay close enough attention to the column "hide". When I inserted the products I didn't set that column and instead of it defaulting to ZERO it defaulted to NULL. Setting this to ZERO makes everthing happy, happy.

Again, thanks for your reply. That's still some useful info.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00