Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 What issues will cookieless solve?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rockdale
VP-CART New User

USA
76 Posts

Posted - August 10 2004 :  09:21:05  Show Profile  Visit Rockdale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have 4.5 now and bought the Your Virtual Store Upgrade. I also have made alot of changes to the layout. What will be the pros and cons to upgrading.

Michael Kelley

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 10 2004 :  09:29:44  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Personally, I'm looking forward to the cookieless/sessionless side more than anything else; there are an awful lot of dropped-carts that happen when using sessions (mostly due to hosts killing people's sessions off or people just timing-out rather than any problems with vpasp itself).

We'll definitely be going for v5.5 (and all our addons will also be made available in v5.5, with automatic upgrades to whoever purchased the older versions)

The only real down-side would be re-adding/checking any customisations that you've made, but that's the same with any upgrade.

I guess the tip-of-the-day is: Always use searchable comments in your customisations so you can find them again!

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on August 10 2004 09:33:03
Go to Top of Page

Cam
VP-CART Super User

Australia
361 Posts

Posted - August 11 2004 :  20:00:25  Show Profile  Visit Cam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is an interesting concept and a number of our customers have requested this as well.

I believe VPASP are going to be making it an option so you can run your cart as session less or it can run as normal.

This is great as it allows the site owner the choice of how the site should run.

Thanks,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net
Go to Top of Page

greatphoto
VP-CART Super User

USA
304 Posts

Posted - August 11 2004 :  20:23:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I guess the tip-of-the-day is: Always use searchable comments in your customisations so you can find them again!

If you failed to follow the tip-of-the-day, but did keep a backup of your original shopping cart files, a file diff (compare) utility that can work on all the files in a directory will be VERY useful when it comes time to port your customizations. I found this utility that works very well for me running Microsoft Windows OS: http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/

Nathan

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00