Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Multiple items per box....how????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VG
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - August 08 2004 :  17:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have several styles of one product and want to be able to give the customer the ability to mix and match per case order. Each case will have 12 products but can be varying quantities of 2 or more styles. We want to be able to allow them to select from a list and also to be sure that they place a minimum number in the case and then be able to order multiple cases of this mix. How would this be done in version 5?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,
VG

Dulrr
VP-CART New User

57 Posts

Posted - August 09 2004 :  09:43:23  Show Profile  Visit Dulrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So I'd have to buy items by the case, but I can mix and match the items that are in the case? You could possibly list the case as a single product and have the products that go inside as Quantity features (you'd have to add some error-checking logic to the code to make sure the customer doesn't put too few or too many items in a case), or alternatively you could add a usertext product feature where the customer can simply spell out his requirements.

If selling by the case doesn't work for you, you could use the minquantity to force customers to buy in multiples of 12, though getting that to work with seperate products could be a pain. If all the products that can go in a case are in their own category you could add a check to shopaddtocart that will force a multiple of 12 products to be ordered when coming from category #[x].

Well, some ideas to (hopefully) get you started. Good luck!

~D
Go to Top of Page

VG
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - August 12 2004 :  10:11:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was hoping that support would chime in here and give some ideas. I bought VP Asp so I wouldn't have to code anymore. Thanx for the thoughts though as I appreciate them.
VG

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00