Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 html page names
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RadDrummer
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - July 06 2004 :  08:32:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,
I notice that when i generate html pages, they give me page names like p1,p2 etc.
Is there an easy way to make these names more relevant like using the product names as the page names and have all the links continue to work. I have figured out how to change the page names but im having problems with the links.
Thanks.

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - July 06 2004 :  10:02:16  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

You may wish to look at shopa_generatehtml.asp that generates the Static html pages.

Static files are generated in sub WriteHtmlFiles.

You can amend the coding here to output to the file names of your choice, even using descriptions from the Products table.

Go to Top of Page

RadDrummer
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - July 06 2004 :  10:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply.
I am already able to create the html pages with names that i want. My issue is that now all my links are now wrong. When i click on a product i get a "page cannot be displayed" error because the links are expecting the url in the old format. How or where do i find all the links so i can change them to the new format(if that is even what i have to do)

Go to Top of Page

RadDrummer
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - July 06 2004 :  11:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nevermind guys i figured it out. For those that want to know, you just go into shopquery and manipulate the response.redirects to what you need.
Thanks

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00