Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Um, front page stuff
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Davidvdw
Starting Member

South Africa
15 Posts

Posted - July 01 2004 :  15:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I need some orientation here.

The front page field in products - I set this to a value, say "feature", and another variable elsewhere to that same value "feature" THEN the front page display shown with the showrandom call will display only products that have that feature on them, randomly selected to a maximum value that I specify. Is that correct? If I specify no value in these fields then the script will choose random items from the entire catalog, excluding those whose front page field I have set to something else. Is that correct?

Can I have multiple of these on the front page without modifying code? That is, one listing of featured, one of random?

It seems not.

I hope this is not too confusing. I'd appreciate some help here because these late nights are slaughtering me.

Cheers

Dave

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 25 2005 :  19:14:08  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You'd need to make copies of the random product functions for each type of thing you want to show, and make various other changes.

Lots of other people have been asking for the kind of thing you're after, so we've just released a highly enhanced version of "FrontPage" (including top-sellers) as an addon:
http://bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=105

I think that's the kind of thing you're after, as you'll then be able to showcase any type of product from/in any page without having to make any changes to the complex asp code and can just call the "ShowCase" function wherever/however you want.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)