Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Mail Problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anti-spam
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - June 22 2004 :  03:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Im trying to send a product update to our customers but when I send the mail I get the following message

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: 'recordobj'

shopfileio.asp, line 218

I have Vp-ASP Ver 5 + option pack

i look forward to your reply

Lesley

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - June 22 2004 :  08:55:27  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lesley,

I'm not sure of the context you are using this in (something form the cart or a custom script) but it appears that the 'recordobj' has not been initialised prior to it being called on line 218 there.

In the case of the function from which your error is coming, that 'recordodj' will need to be an instance of the FileSystemObject and using the OpenTextFile command. Initializing it might look something like this:

set RecordObj= fsObj.OpenTextFile("FileName.asp", 1, False)

If you are using a function/feature of the shopping cart to do what you are trying to do, please let me know which it is so I can get a better feel for why it's doing this. If this is a custom script, I can help you where possible but will need more details about what's being done and how you are calling that 'ReadARecord' function .

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page

anti-spam
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - June 22 2004 :  09:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jon

This is happening at shopa_editdisplay.asp?SpecialFunction=Mail

When I try to send out a bulk mail to my registered customers who have subscribed to my mail list.

Hope this clarifies things

Lesley

Go to Top of Page

jonmadrid
VP-CART New User

USA
192 Posts

Posted - June 22 2004 :  10:30:55  Show Profile  Visit jonmadrid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Lesley,

I've tried a number of combinations of ways to use that script and have not been able to produce the same error you are having. Since it is having troubles reading in the file, just make sure you have the file name and path correct for the file its trying to read in. That may be the source of the problem. I tried doing that though and it gave me a regular "cannot read file" error -- maybe thats not the problem but its worth double checking.

Other than that, and without getting in and looking at your code specifically, I'm not sure what else to say. Have you contacted Support about this. They would likely know the solution.

All the best,

Jon Madrid
--------------------
Madrid Communications
Web Design, Development, and Hosting
www.madridcom.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000