Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 changing customer login prompts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

calumog
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - June 15 2004 :  09:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I need to sort this out as time is bearing down on me. We are running an offer so I want to create a user for whom discounts will be applied. I want them to be able to login with a password. So I set xpassword to yes but then the other login field is email. That's no good to me, I need the other login prompt to be userid or something other than email. How can I do this? I'll probably need to make it so that login screen is just for those customers who want to take advantage of the offer and anyone else just wanting to login can do so normally (email and last name) but that's a separate headache.
I'd appreciate any info on this.

calumog
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - June 15 2004 :  13:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found out: Its xcustomeruserid and xpassword that need to be set to yes. Now my problem is how to create a user who can login with just a userid and password. It seems that a last name is required. Can anybody tell me where the code is that checks whether there's a last name and enforces that requirement?

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

calumog
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - June 17 2004 :  07:33:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God, replying to my own posts again. I figured this one out so I thought I'd post in case its useful to anyone. We are running a reader offer in a magazine. There's a keyword in there that the customer can use to get a discount on the site. As I don't know in advance who those users will be I need a way to automatically add them to a group who receive discounts as soon as they register with that keyword (password). Here's how:

In products - discounted price is in pother1
XCUSTOMERPRICEFIELDS =pother1
XCUSTOMERPRICES = YES
XCUSTOMERPRICEIDENTIFIER = password (the field)
XCUSTOMERPRICETYPES = the actual password
XPASSWORD = YES
XCUSTOMERUSERID = Yes

But they still have to login after registering in order to see the discounted price. How do you log someone in automatically when they register?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00