Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 how to back up data base
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

natisac
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - June 10 2004 :  15:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to know how to back up my shopping cart? I use frontpage. I cannot access my hosting server, godaddy don't allow their servers to be adjustment.

ouresolutions
Starting Member

Australia
45 Posts

Posted - June 13 2004 :  03:28:30  Show Profile  Visit ouresolutions's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi natisac,
If you are still looking at ways of backing up your database (I assume that is what you mean by backing up your shopping cart), then I invite you to consider our Offline Admin tool which, among many other functions, has included the ability to backup a database both on the server and/or on your local PC. I am not sure of the restrictions with regard the godaddy servers, but Offline Admin is freely downloadable from our web site with complete functionality and comes with a sixty day trial, so you should be able to fully test before purchase.

Please note as well that until 30 June the price is discounted from $135 down to $65 so if you intend trialling I suggest you do your testing before June 30 so you can take advantage of the lower price should you decide to purchase.

Thanks

Graeme

-------------------------
Our eSolutions
www.ouresolutions.com.au
Go to Top of Page

natisac
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - June 16 2004 :  08:24:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how does the process work if i backed up the shopping cart on my pc, tell me the mechanics of the back up you are offering so I can better understand if this is what I am looking for. I went to your site I noticed the add on is for vp 4.5 and 5.0 i have 4.0, will it still work for me.

thanks

Edited by - natisac on June 16 2004 08:26:20
Go to Top of Page

ouresolutions
Starting Member

Australia
45 Posts

Posted - June 17 2004 :  01:07:52  Show Profile  Visit ouresolutions's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi natisac,
Our solution (Offline Admin) extracts the data from the web/store database into an XML file, transfers the XML file to the desktop and recreates the database content on your local PC which you can save as a backup in whatever location you choose. You can choose to backup all/some/one of your tables.

I can dig out the v.4.0 and forward to you - we just removed it from our site as sales had dropped off considerably since the release of VPASP v.5.0 and most of our customer interest is in versions compatible with VPASP/YVS v.4.5 and 5.0.

Thanks

Graeme

-------------------------
Our eSolutions
www.ouresolutions.com.au
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)