Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Where are these variables coming from??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Goalie35
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  07:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys.
I need to customize some of the "tmp" html pages such as "tmp_generate.htm" but I'm having trouble locating where the variables on these pages(the ones contained within "[]" such as "[cname]") are being created.
I've added some of my own fields to a few tables and I would like to have these fields placed within these "[ ]" tags so I can call them on the tmp_generate.htm page. What do I need to do to create these fields?
Thanks in advance.

-Goalie35

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  07:43:03  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i could be wrong, but I think that all the "[blah]" template values are treated like this:

if the "blah" bit inside the "[]" is a valid column in the table then it'll use that column's source (ie you don't need to create extra variables to use a new column)

if it's not a valid column then it'll look through the special fields [ADD_TRAILER] or whatever.

so, I don't think you need to do anything to get them to be used; just add your columns to the database and then just use [yourcolumnname] in your template.

(the select statements that are used for the templates just do a select *, so all columns will be available by default, even new ones)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on May 28 2004 07:44:25
Go to Top of Page

Goalie35
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  08:29:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually that does solve 1 portion of my problem. Thanks for the help on that part devshb but it appears that only fields from the products table can be used. How can I use fields from other tables?

thanks again.

-goalie35

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  08:30:47  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
which tables? and how would they be joined ?

Simon Barnaby
Developer
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Goalie35
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  13:01:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be the categories table.
The way my page is set up is I have a dynamic category nav bar so our client can add and edit categories if they so choose.
It's fine on every other page(asp pages) but obviously the dynamic portion won't work on these html pages.
The other catch is there wouldn't be a join to the other tables, I'd simply be grabbing fields from this one table.
So is there a way I could do this?
Thanks again.

-Goalie35

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00