Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 HTTP Error 507
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - May 27 2004 :  14:28:15  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
running: VP-ASP Version 4.5 Unix/LINUX Chilisoft ASP
problem: I keep getting the following error:

HTTP Error 507
507 Unexpected

The Web server encountered an unexpected error while communicating with
the ASP service.

Please contact the server's administrator if this problem persists.

By keep, I mean..RANDOMLY. Sometimes the site runs fine for hours with no problems, then for 10 minutes straight I get this error...
...or, Runs fine, then error, then runs fine, then error for 2 minutes,
then runs fine for 1/2 hour, then error..etc. etc..
Happens when logining into the site (adminstration page) happens when searching, etc. etc.

My hosting company replied with the following:
A quick glance over the error logs shows:
Native Error Code: 1064
[TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'Like '%masters of
the universe%' )) AND hide=0 order by ' at line 1
, shop$db.asp, line: 459
Which to me was no help at all. Line 459 on shop$db.asp is this:

rstemp.Open MYSQL,dbc,adOpenKeyset,adLockReadOnly, adCmdText

I'm totally lost and not sure what's causing this? Anyone run into this before?
John Robinson
www.grahamcrackers.com

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 27 2004 :  15:09:29  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know if it's the same cause, but there is a generic fault in the v5 version which also might be in your version:

in shopproductcreatesql.asp, there's a line:

sql = sql & "p.cname like '"& productname & "%'"

which needs to be changed to:

sql = sql & " p.cname like '"& productname & "%'"

(ie added a space in front of p.cname)

this would cause your error if you were doing a search by product name.

if you wanted a case-insensitive search with wildcards at the front+back, you could also change this to:

sql = sql & " UCASE(p.cname) like '%"& UCase(productname) & "%'"
(for access)
or:

sql = sql & " UPPER(p.cname) like '%"& UCase(productname) & "%'"
(for sqlserver)

(i think mysql uses UPPER, rather tha UCASE, but I can't remember for sure offhand).

Simon Barnaby
Freelance Developer
Java-E UK
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

fade2black
Starting Member

Spain
25 Posts

Posted - June 03 2004 :  22:43:33  Show Profile  Visit fade2black's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simon

I too am getting this same error message. The only exception is that it just errors when going to the credit card page (shopcheckout.asp) also I'm using V5. It's very hit and miss, but I'd say it gives error 507 more than it works. Awaiting my hosting co: to come back to me. Running version 5 Unix/Linux Chilsoft ASP.

The strange thing about is that I´m using Gift Cerificates and I'm fairly sure this always goes through fine.

Should I give your reply to John a try?

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 04 2004 :  01:02:23  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done some research and found a number of people who have run into this error.

In my own testing I have foumd the latest Sun ASP 4.0 not as compatible with Microsoft ASP nor previous versions of Chillisoft. VP-ASP has coded around these incompatibilities.

Others seem to think this HTTP 507 is an bug in SUN ASP. See

http://swforums.sun.com/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=60675

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page

fade2black
Starting Member

Spain
25 Posts

Posted - June 07 2004 :  13:49:15  Show Profile  Visit fade2black's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've done some testing on my web site that's giving the HTTP error 507 and I think I have found the cause.

A lot of the products on my web site have size and colour dropdown features.
If I take any product into the checkout without feature dropdowns then it goes through ok every time.
I only get the error on any products with feature(s). This explains why the Gift Certificate also works every time.

I don't have a solution. So if somebody out there can help rid me of this nightmare, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 08 2004 :  06:43:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When an English pound sign was in the product description, Chillisoft died. We have chnaged some code to bypass this error in Chilisoft.

Howard Kadetz
Vp-ASP

Go to Top of Page

CodeMonkey
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - June 16 2004 :  14:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're having a consistent 507 error on our site after our Web Host upgraded Chilisoft from 3.62 to 4.01

Is anyone else having a similar problem with their hosting? I've seen a couple other VPASP based sites on the web that appear to have similar issues.

-- Brandan

Go to Top of Page

nirmal
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - September 20 2004 :  10:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody found a solution to this problem. I have the same problem. Please help.

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - September 21 2004 :  15:34:51  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've given up on it.
I'm going to upgrade to version 5.5 and move over to a Windows Server.

When I originally researched what to go with, everyone pointed as UNIX/LINUX being more stable, better even faster with MYSQL so I chose that.
Now I find that it's unfortunately the least used version and I'm better off with WINDOWS as it's the FAR FAR MORE supported version.

ah well!

--John
www.grahamcrackerscomics.com
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 21 2004 :  15:58:03  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We believe Chillisoft 4.x is not stable. It is incompatible with both Microsoft ASP and its own Chillisoft 3.x ASP. ASP is an interpretive language. SUN ASP is the interpretor. An HTTP 507 means the intrepretor (SUN ASP) has died.

So at this time we cannot recommend using VP-ASP and SUN ASP 4.0 until their bugs are resolved. We have verified VP-ASP runs on SUN ASP on a number of sites but we cannot bypass every bug that they have. For example it dies if you use an English pund sign ina description.

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00