Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 What do you think of the new website? Suggestions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 22 2004 :  12:26:04  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

World Famous Gift Baskets

Okay everyone,
We have just put a major revamping on the website.
There are still a few small things that we are trying to work out but I would appreciate everyone's input as far as anything they can possibly think of with the website.

Please let me know the following information when you leave an opinion:

Operating System: IE. windows, mac OS, linux etc etc etc
Screen Resolution: IE. 800x600, 1024x768
Monitor Size: IE. 15" CRT, 17" LCD
Browser: IE. IE 6.0, Netscape 7.0, AOL 4.0, etc etc
Internet Connection: IE. Phone Line, DSL, CABLE, T1, Etc Etc

Hit the website hard,
a) From is it easy to navigate?
b) Can you get through to very last page where you fill in your credit card with no problem?
c) Is that a good choice of Colors?
d) Is the Layout Design Good?
e)Was there any confusion? What page? What was it?

& ANYTHING else you can think of or suggest would be most appreciative.

SEO's
a) From your opinion is it okay for the search engines?
b) Are we missing anything?
c) The main keyword and keyword phrases that we are most going after is "gifts" or "gift baskets". Opinions on that would be greatly appreciated and most welcome. :)
d) Load Time?
e) What do you think of the overall website?

& ANYTHING else that you can possibly think of or suggest that would help this website out would be most appreciative.

Thank you in advance.

World Famous Gift Baskets

---------Just Copy and Paste-----------

Operating System:
Screen Resolution:
Monitor Size:
Browser Type:
Internet Connection:

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net

Edited by - ProductivePC on May 24 2004 00:55:20

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 26 2004 :  18:06:47  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Well, I take it no replies is a good thing... lol At least nobody has anything bad to say about it... lol

Wayne
Go to Top of Page

bigyellowbox
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  01:07:24  Show Profile  Visit bigyellowbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi
Time is a little limited, I'm afraid but I've had a quick look so I've had a quick look at the SEO aspects and here are a few immediate observations .
Keywords. Unfortunately, there is a lot of competition for your main keywords. You might want to do some research for keywords with lower densities. That way you will still get the searches without the competition. There is a service called wordtracker.co.uk that only costs a few dollars to use and will give you alternatives people search for. You also, need to tune your pages some more so that your keywords appear in you links and alt text etc.
Page Rank. Currently your site ranks as 4 with Google overall. For a site with only 2 inbound links that is an excellent start. It tells us that your content is of interest. You need to get more inbound links from quality sites (with relevent content) to help push your PR up. Try www.samburu.com/links.asp - that site has a common theme to yours. :) Your links page is a problem right now. It doesn't have a PR which means webmasters won't link you as there isn't anything in it for them as it won't push up their own PR. Think about coding the pages by hand and adding more sample links based around your keyword themes.
Google doesn't seem to be going that deep in to your site right now. Think about making it easier for it to find your pages. The general information pages are a good idea as they provide relevent content but they need to go somewhere. Think about incorporating some links to specific products See www.samburu.com/gift_suggestions.asp. These pages are all SEO optimized and come straight out of their database. Also, while you are there take a look at the links at the bottom of their pages (they use our panel splitter http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=22). These links help spiders get deep in to their site.

Anyhow, sorry I'm out of time now. I'll be posting an article on www.bigyellowzone.com on SEO with some strategies for optimizing VPASP sites. If you sign-up to our newsletter we'll let you know when it gets posted.
Adrian

www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and addons for VPASP

Edited by - bigyellowbox on May 28 2004 01:08:01
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - May 29 2004 :  22:50:32  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Thank you very much for your reply. I am a little lost at a few things. Currently the General Information pages are all new so Google hasn't had a chance to page rank them yet but all of them have links to the right that go directly into the shopping cart...
Is this not good enough for Google?
Where else should I put them?
Should I make it possible to purchase from those pages as well?
I was thinking about small thumbnails to each of the products in that category. Would that help. I did not want load time to be too high however.

We acutally have over 200 inbound link but unfortunately most all of them dropped their page rank below 4 and now do not show up on Googles link:www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net

We were at a page rank of 5 however when we updated the text we dropped to a 4 and seem to go up and down from there.....

I created the site map do that Google could index all of our product pages as well unfortunately I did not get it there in time. I updated it on 5.28 and Google walked the website on 5/27 :(
A day late and a dollar short I guess.
Do you think that Google will go deeper into the site now?

The link pages... yes they need some tender loving care. Currently we use linksmanager to upload all of our links pages. Link trading was taking way too long for one person to handle.... I needed something that was easy and would not be frowned upon by Google.
funny enough... a lot of people find us through our links pages even though they have no page rank... lol Go figure.

Thank you for your time invloved in writing that. I will take a look at the pages you left and I appreciate everything that you had to say.

Wayne
Go to Top of Page

bigyellowbox
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - June 03 2004 :  15:32:57  Show Profile  Visit bigyellowbox's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On the general information pages Google will pick up those pages eventually - be patient. At a glance the keywords and weight of the keywords looks okay. What will take some time is for the dynamic pages (category pages) to get spidered but your dynamic product pages are unlikely to get spidered. Put yourself in the position of the busy bot it isn't going to go and merrily make its way through all your product pages because all it see is a 1, 2, 3 , 4 & 5 as links. It would be like trying to read a map where all the towns were called 5. If you want to get your products spidered use the static html generator that VPASP provide with their option pack. On Samburu.com we have adapted it to be our site map and it works pretty well. Link it from your homepage and get a few of your link partners to link it too. The downside is that it may be a bit long but VPASP are working on that.
You mention displaying thumbnails. It might help if you use shopdisplaycategories.asp with a category description instead of linking straight through in to shopdisplayproducts.asp (from a search engine spiders view - not necessarily your customers).
As far as people finding you via your links pages that is excellent. Have a look at the search words and phrases people are using - they may well be ones with a lowish compeition so try and use them on pages where your PR is higher.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - June 04 2004 :  00:52:04  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Thanks again for the reply and the suggestions.
I fully understand that the spiders cannot crawl the VPASP cart because it uses session ids. However I have taken care of them not bveing able to index our dynamic pages. If you take a look at our site map at the bottom of the page. You will see that it goes down for quite a ways. All of those links leads directly to a page that can be indexed and read by the spiders. Now, the linking infrastructure of those pages; well there is something else to be said about that; but you can't have everything right?

This shopping cart is 4.5 so there is not HTML generation. We are currently having a 5.0 cart customized to our specifications but with my luck the 5.5 will be out before it is done... lol

I am going to manually put the product pages into HTML and manually update think links to work with each other until then. At least this way the search engines will be able to walk it and people will still be able to purchase from them.

I know a lot of popular terms out there but back door marketing on the Internet is just not working.... We are looking for targeted clientele. People who are looking for unique, professionally designed gift baskets. We tried Google Adwords but all that did was cost us and did not make us anything..... hmmmmm It did drive a lot of targeted visitors to our website however.

Wayne
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00