Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 New Added product display
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PhoenixA
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - May 11 2004 :  11:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

I can't seem to find the code for displaying the ten most recently added products on hakkatils new site which used to be on his old site. I recently bought Cam's Best Sellers script which is working perfect and has the product name, price, a small pic and is linked to the order page but I'd like to have the same set up to display exactly the same except the last 10 products added instead of the top ten sellers. Anyone know how to do this or where on hakkatils new site i can find it?

Thanks

atari
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - May 12 2004 :  16:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The script is just quering the database for the catalogid that is most commonly found in the oitems table of shopping500

Change it to show the higest catalogid from products in shopping 5 hundred.
Change the loop so that it will post the first, then take the second higest number and so on, 10 times.

you will need coding experiance to do this. but that's a general description of what has to be done?

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - May 13 2004 :  02:58:23  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
to get the latest 10 products rather than top-10 sellers, you'd need to exclude the oitems table from the select statement as some of the latest 10 products might not have orders for them yet.
your basic sql statement would therefore be much simpler than a top-10 statement, and would just be something like:
select * from products order by catalogid desc

Simon Barnaby
Freelance Developer
Java-E UK
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

Cam
VP-CART Super User

Australia
361 Posts

Posted - May 15 2004 :  07:19:44  Show Profile  Visit Cam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In YourVirtualStore 500 we have added a feature that adds the time and date and product is added to the database and also the time and date it was last updated.

Scott, are you using VPASP or YVS? If YVS you could easily whip up a script to display the most recent products.

Thanks,
Cam

Cam Flanigan
YourVirtualStore Sales
e-mail:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp
web: http://www.yourvirtualstore.net

Build you own YourVirtualStore!!!
www.yourvirtualstore.net
Go to Top of Page

ehotbid
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - December 16 2006 :  19:12:00  Show Profile  Visit ehotbid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iam looking for to develop recently view Item Box
on the left menu
it must display like 8 recently visited item item
Iam using VPASP 5.5
let me know if you can do
Looking to hear from you

let me know [email protected]

quote:
Originally posted by devshb

to get the latest 10 products rather than top-10 sellers, you'd need to exclude the oitems table from the select statement as some of the latest 10 products might not have orders for them yet.
your basic sql statement would therefore be much simpler than a top-10 statement, and would just be something like:
select * from products order by catalogid desc

Simon Barnaby
Freelance Developer
Java-E UK
[email protected]

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)