Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 ms access database
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bob22
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - April 30 2004 :  12:26:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I'm using ms access. I have added 20 items to the bottom of product table (actual ms access database shopping500 table). They show up on the merchant administration product table (MAPT), but the do not show up on the shop. I have realised that eventhough category is defined on the table, and it is shown on the MAPT , it is not highlighted on the edit product page.
After I highlight product category, then it will show up on the shop.
Do you know why is that, and how can I avoid it.
I already have 2000 items on my existing access table and it would be very time consuming to enter them one by one instead of adding the whole thing in one shot.
I thank you very much

ouresolutions
Starting Member

Australia
45 Posts

Posted - May 01 2004 :  15:06:10  Show Profile  Visit ouresolutions's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob22,
There is another table called "prodcategories" that you need to populate. This table records which products go in which category/subcategory, by listing each Product's ID (called "intcatalogid" and which needs to match the "catalogid" field in the Products table) against the relevant Category ID(s) (called "intcategoryid" and which needs to match the "categoryid" field in the Categories table).

So, if a product was to be displayed in 3 categories and 5 subcategories then there would need to be a total of 8 records in the ProdCategories table, one for each of the Categories/SubCategories where the product is to be listed.

Graeme

-------------------------
Our eSolutions
www.ouresolutions.com.au
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00