Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Search - ASP Error 0113 Script timed out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

printas
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - April 29 2004 :  03:13:23  Show Profile  Visit printas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, has anyone every encounter this problem with the search facility? When doing a search, the page loads up very slowly, and finally times out with the this message:

-------------------------------------
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/cart500/shopdisplayproducts.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.
--------------------------------------

Is this something wrong with the VP-ASP's script, or is it something wrong with the server webhosting I am with?

I am using VP-ASP version 5.0, MySql database hosted on Win2000 server webhosting environment.

Any help is appreciated.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 29 2004 :  03:28:11  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
do you have any non-vpasp asps that are driven from your mysql database that you can compare it with ?

it looks to me purely like a hosting/server issue; i can't think of anything that would cause a time-out like that other than straight-forward slow/dead servers (unless you've got something like 2000 products being shown at a time on the query results page, which is unlikely!)

it might be something to do with having mysql on a windows server; most people's host would guide them to either go for mysql on unix/linux or sqlserver/access on windows, but not mix the 2.

Simon Barnaby
Freelance Developer
Java-E UK
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

printas
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - April 29 2004 :  09:19:16  Show Profile  Visit printas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, I do not have a non-vpasp asp that are driven from MySql that I can compared with.

The VPASP tech support has been trying to help out by telling me to add Server.ScriptTimeout=240, in the shopdisplayproducts.asp. It work, but man, I have to wait more than 5 minutes just to see the search result. I do have about 2000 products/items in the database.

My webhosting provider also can only suggest to add the script timeout in asp page.

I thought MySQL wouldn't have any problem being use in Windows environment and with this small amount of data.

Do you know any other solution here, because it is just not acceptable for my customers to be waiting more than 5 minutes just to search one item.

Here, can you give it a try and see what happen:

http://www.printerassociates.com/cart500/

Go to Top of Page

rockinthesixstring
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - March 15 2006 :  01:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
printas, i see this was a post back in 2004, and now your site seems to be running great. what did you do to overcome the time out issue
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00