Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Error message.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Goalie35
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - April 28 2004 :  13:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys. First off. Thanks for all of the help so far. I appreciate it.

Ok, I tried adding a bunch of product categories and subcategories to the database. I input the data directly into the database rather than from the administrator section because we have temporarily removed the admin section(long story). I entered in all of the category names, set their highercategoryid, and set the value for "hassubcategory". The total number of categories and subcategories came to over 400.
When I went to open my index.asp page however, I received an error stating:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0009)
Subscript out of range: 'catcount'
/Magazines USA/shopproductsubs.asp, line 379

I then raised my "xmaxcategories" & "xmaxsubcategories" to 450 each but still had no luck.

I opened the page and checked out the error and it appears "catcount" is stored as a session object. I tried looking all over for where this session's value is input but couldn't seem to find it.
Does anyone know where the portion of code is where I can set this catcount to the propper value or is there perhaps something else I'm missing with this?
Thanks again.

-Goalie35

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 28 2004 :  17:05:29  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think this variable array that you're talking about will include sub-categories as well, so you'd need to make sure xmaxcategories is set to total number of records in the categories table (and then some more)

can you give us the code that's in your line 379?

actually, i'm confused by this because the function in this bit looks like it'll break-out before it exceeds maxcategories anyway. can you paste your function ? does it have any mods ?

just looking, and you might need to change GetSessA in shopsess.asp, changing temparray(100) to temparray(1000). might be some others too.

Simon Barnaby
Freelance Developer
Java-E UK
[email protected]

Edited by - devshb on April 28 2004 17:22:04
Go to Top of Page

Goalie35
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - April 29 2004 :  07:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"and you might need to change GetSessA in shopsess.asp, changing temparray(100) to temparray(1000). might be some others too."

That was it! I switched it to 500 and now everything's fine.
I'm still new to this software so finding out that "temparray" was what I needed to switch would have taken me quite a bit of time(time I can't really afford to spare on this project. We're already behind on the project as it is.) if I had to find it out on my own. Thanks a million.

-Goalie35

Edited by - goalie35 on April 29 2004 07:23:22
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00