Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Slight Mods to vpasp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mallory885
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - April 20 2004 :  13:43:01  Show Profile  Visit mallory885's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can anyone help. We purchased VPASP about a year ago but never used it because of security risks. We went with a PHP product instead.

any way i have a new client that i may use it for however we want some modifications made to it. I think they will be pretty easy.

The first is they want the entire site protected by only selected users that are in the customer database.

The next is that they dont want to really do e-commerce. After the customer places the order. my client will get the order and bill them without using anytype of e-commerce. No credit cards will be entered. My client will get the order as well as the shopper will get a receipt.

I think thats it

How much and can anyone do that for me

Thanks

Terry Mallory

TM

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 21 2004 :  03:27:26  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
there's a configuration switch you can set for these kind of scenarios:
i can't remember their names off the top of my head, but generally you'd flip the switches/info thus:

customers-only:
a config value exists that means that the entire shop is off-limits unless you first login as a customer if you set this config switch.

you don't need to process credit-cards, or enable a payment gateway; you can do it all manually and just have something like standard emails that get sent saying "thanks for your order, it's being processed" or "you can send a check for $100 and we'll then send you your order" etc etc.

my initial thoughts are that all this kind of stuff can be done by flipping a few switches and changing a couple of the email templates and/or language settings.

it's quite a common need (it might seem strange to some people, but it makes sense to me; lots of companies want people to be able to view their products on the web but don't want to do web-payments etc; ie just use the site as a kind of online mail-order thing).

If you want this done, price would depend on exactly what's involved (ie look+feel implementation, product/category-creation etc), but feel free to contact me if you want my quote/thoughts on it.

Simon Barnaby
Freelance Developer
Java-E UK
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00