Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Want to modify tmp_productformat.htm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gibson
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - March 14 2004 :  13:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that the tmp_productformat.htm template format is different in its appearance than the regular format the system uses as default (see article 7.2 page 23 of the Developer guide).
I have also noticed that once you decide to use templates all the categories shall use the default tmp_productformat.htm template.

I want to modify tmp_productformat.htm and give it the same appearance as the default one. Once done I shall copy it to another file, remodify it again and use it for specific categories.

Support said that "The standard product display is not written with a template, it is written directly from VPASP, we do not have a template to reproduce it."

My questions:
In order to save time and efforts I want to copy the layout of the original look rather than develop it but I can not find the file that built it .

Can someone guide me how can it be done ?

Edited by - gibson on March 14 2004 14:25:21

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 14 2004 :  14:54:28  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are doing this it is easier to view the source after displaying the products.

Then create an .htm file our of one row to build your template.

The actually formatting is done in code in a complex set of steps so it will not help achieve what I think you are trying do do. The file is shopproductformat.asp

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00