Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 HOW TO ENABLE EMAILING FOR THE FREE VP-ASP?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

harry
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - March 11 2004 :  20:59:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! I just downloaded the Free version of VP-ASP 5.00 and try to figure out how to enable the emailing feature. I understand this feature is not included in the Free version. It seems that the file shopthanks.asp is supposed to call shopmail.asp to do the mailing but somehow I just couldn't find any code that does that. Anyone who knows how to modify the code? Please help. Thanks!

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - March 11 2004 :  22:08:16  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you looking to modify the Demo version? Demo version is not for modification and its just give you the feel of how thing are handle by VP-ASP. If you want to modify the original version, I can help you out.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

harry
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - March 11 2004 :  23:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! Siraj. Modifying the demo or original is fine, just as long as customers can email to me as well as themselves. Please help.

Go to Top of Page

harry
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - March 12 2004 :  08:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VOILA! I got it worked finally. Both customer & merchant will get email notification upon shopping completion. From, To, Subject, Date, are all ok, but there's another problem...no BODY.

Anyway, for the time being, I'm okay with that because I can just log on to the admin page & see who orders what.

Anyone who knows how to get the BODY...I need your help. Thanks in advance!

Go to Top of Page

siraj
VP-CART New User

USA
194 Posts

Posted - March 12 2004 :  11:02:39  Show Profile  Visit siraj's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry,
I dont have much idea of DEMO version and I dont think its a right thing to do as far as VP-ASP coyright goes. If you have purchased a copy, then let me know, I can help you out in any issue you have.
GOOD LUCK.
SJ.

[email protected]
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 22 2004 :  15:48:08  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have no problem with people using the free version if they choose. But for $US145 go can get the VP-ASP lite.

It would take less time and effort to get this full working version of VP-ASP then to write even one small piece such as mailing. VP-ASP is priced so low, that it takes more time for a developer to write one feature then the entire cost of VP-ASP with its hundreds of features.

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 23 2004 :  04:40:17  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with support; I help develop sites that use vpasp, and inside it is pretty much everything you'd need for a site.
To pay roughly 1 man-day's development time for what must be running into something like 2 man-year's worth of development time (probably much more) is a bargain to say the least!
Then, once you've bought it, you'll also get tons of free help/advice from the forum and/or support in general.
It's a great little community they've got here, but most people will probably only reply fully to vpasp coding questions if you've bought the product, as vpasp deserve their dues (well, that's my view, anyway).

Simon Barnaby
Freelance Developer
Java-E UK
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00