Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Align category display on left
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JTumbo
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  23:27:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, im kinda embarrased to even post this but I am having difficulty with aligning the category display page on the left side of the page. I have my own shoppage_header.htm and shoppage_footer.htm setup but it seems like no matter what I do with these files, with the tmp_categorytemplate.htm or anything else can I get the categories to align on the left of the page. Can someone direct me to the file that I may have to edit to align this the way that I want? Any help is much appreciated. Ohh, I have turned on the option to use the templates for the category displays and I am not using any type of left navigation bar. Thanks guys/gals!

ProductivePC
VP-CART New User

USA
199 Posts

Posted - March 02 2004 :  23:39:31  Show Profile  Visit ProductivePC's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Don't be embarrased about placing a question here. Everyone, thus far, in these forums is extremely nice. There is no such thing as a dumb question. As much as most gurus would like you to believe, we all were not born with the knowledge that we possess.

Okay, I am not quite sure exactly what you are trying to do. The Cat template you will see is 1 page with 1 template. This is duplicated from within the ASP code.

Now, Are you using 4.5 or are you using 5.0? Judging by this being your first post, I will presume you are using 5.0.

In the administrative Interface there is xcatmaxcolumns. You can change this to 1 and in your .htm template set your div align, td align and p align to the left. This should take care of what you are trying to do if I understand it correctly. If this is way off let me know and I will try to help some more. I personally have not attempted what you are trying but that should perform the trick in theory. Back up all files you are about to change first prior to changing them.

Hope it helps.

Wayne
www.WorldFamousGiftBaskets.net
Go to Top of Page

GTM
VP-CART New User

USA
122 Posts

Posted - March 03 2004 :  00:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to give this a shot and this might be the solution your looking for but if you want to display categories on the left hand side of the page you need to rename shoppage_header_left.htm to become shoppage_header.htm and of course make backups.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Go to Top of Page

JTumbo
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 03 2004 :  00:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a bunch guys. I ended up going into the shop?colors.asp and I changed the alignment in the tags like Wayne had said. It just needs a little tweeking to get it to look exactly what I want it to look like. I also tried going off of the shoppage_header_left.htm file and I just kept getting an odd .asp error. No biggie though, everything is great. I must say that this forum is absolutely awesome. People just seem so willing to help which is awesome. I can't thank you guys enough for you assistance with my problem. And as soon as I become more knowledgable, I'll be sure to visit and help whenever possible. Thanks again! :D

John

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00